DigiFab’s background in the digital printing industry and many years of experience in software development, allowed this company to create a RIP software which fulfills many functions for the graphic digital printing and textile design needs.
Thanks to DigiFab Evolution RIP, designers and printers who have trouble matching output colors and printing without delay will now be able to do so. From beginner to expert, from automated to customized, the DigiFab Evolution RIP adjusts to users’ working styles. The Evolution RIP allows users to use default setups or create multiple customized RIP configurations with hot folders for future and automatic recall.
Create or re-create repetitions & separations, and color them with their advanced color-matching system. Print sample yardage and presentation boards directly from your computer.
Since the software is compatible with most graphic programs, and takes care of all your digital printing needs from illustrations, photography, signage, banners & flags, posters the software allows the operator to perdorm a lot of operations without switching between software:
• RIP Lite – Small to medium format printers (for example Epson P5000, P8000, or similar)
• Graphics RIP (Full RIP with all supported brands available, no textile printing options)
• Textile RIP (adds Textile printing options to the full RIP)
• Textile RIP Plus (Coloring module is added)
• Evolution Color Profiler (ICC profile creation software, compatible with any ICC compliant RIPs)
• Evolution Color Sampling Library (semi-automated Color Library creation)
Supported File Formats
TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PSD, AI, PDF, EPS, BMP, PCX, PCT, TNS, SCN, PUB, SDN, MSG, CHP.
Supported Printer Brands
Canon, Epson, Encad (Iegacy printers), H.P., Konica, Mimaki, Mutoh, M.S., Roland, Regiani, Robustelly, Stampajet, Artistri, TIFF. Since they develop their own software, they can create custom drivers and settings for other printer manufacturers on demand.
Most popular functions
- Color management engine built-in and color profiles, custom profile creation available. Compliant with ICC version 4, and backwards compatible to version 2.
- Multi-queued and multi-process print server: each printer has its own dedicated and independent queue, which allows for quicker processing and printing of multiple-jobs simultaneously to multiple printer. It also allows you to assign and use separate segments of memory for each printer, and keeps them from affecting each other while printing.
- Textile capabilities: RIP was built with textile applications and functionality from the ground up, and later in its life cycle we added options for the graphic industry. Yardage, colorways, repeat options and drops ( i.e. half drops, or other custom repeat drop sizes )
- Layout capabilities, nesting, multiple files, multiple printers and queues, image manipulation, scaling, flipping, mirroring, rotating. Color chips and tabs automatically generated for indexed and color-separated images.
- New Layout nesting and interlocking capabilities. Interactive and automatic nesting options including interlocking patterns to remove space and lower the amount of media needed to print long runs, saving potentially significant money in media used.
- Large color chip library included, ability to create your own color chip pages and color mixes. Customization of colors, sharing color references and libraries amongst users and other stations, allow you to reduce the amount of time spent on matching colors and reuse colors by all members in your team in the future.
- Coloring options and color-matching for textile and indexed images, multiple color way and color palette creation for each file.
- Color modes supported: RGB, CMYK, Lab, HSV, HSL, MSG, 5, 6, 7 & 8 channel color matching. Evolution Coloring allows you to tweak and match colors in the native color mode of your printer. For example, if you are running a printer with CMYK + Red + Green + Blue + Orange, you can do on screen color matching of all 8 channels separately and view the changes as you do it.
- Multi-channel and multi-ink set capabilities: allows you to manage up to 12 individual ink channel settings for your printer on the RIP Settings and configurations.
- Ability to use your spectrophotometer ( i.e. i1Pro 2 ) for color matching and reading colors into your image. This allows you to speed up and optimize the time and effort that goes into adjusting colors on your images and preparing them to print.
- Ability to use your spectrophotometer to create and scan in your own color library. Be it the colors you would use in the upcoming season, a customized palette for one of your big clients, or even adjusting your Pantone library to your own print media.